A Desktop Engineer candidate needs to have extensive knowledge of Linux with extensive experience working with Linux based systems and servers. The candidate should also possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Place of employment: Navi Mumbai, India.
Employment type: Full-time.
• Install and test routers, transport equipment and other network devices and setup Wi-Fi Connectivity.
• Understand common internet protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH etc. and ways to troubleshoot these and Setup computers with install software and peripherals and network devices.
• Handle daily technical support activities on desktop request, data network and server management.
• Oversee and update assigned support service requests.
• Setup desktop computers and peripherals and test network connections.
• Test computers to ensure proper functioning of computer system.
• Adhere to policies as per corporate and manuals and directive.
• Interact with staff on desktop problems and their resolutions.
• Understanding of Network Monitoring tools (Nagios, Munin, and Monit).
• Understanding of automation Data Backup process local and remote server.
• Understanding of installation and maintenance of database (such as MySQL, Oracle)
• Knowledge of Scripting (Bash and Sed/Awk)
• Hand on experience in working with Windows/ Linux/ Mac OS environment.
• Performs general preventative maintenance task on computers, laptops, printers and any other peripheral equipment
• Performs remedial repairs on computers, Laptops, printers and any other peripheral equipment. Responsible for taking data backup of servers on daily/ weekly basis.
• Network and connect computers within organization to better communication.
Requirement/ Experience: -
• B.E/B.Tech, B.Sc, MCA.
• Experience- 0 to 2 years
• Experience with SQL and commonly deployed database systems.
• Programming skills in one or more of: Shell, Perl, and Python.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability.
• Knowledge of Linux/Windows/Mac OS based systems
• Understanding of Virtualization (VMWare)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience working with development team